Earlier this week, I got tagged by Kirsti, the creator of one of my favorite book blogs, Other Stories, to participate in the six random things about myself meme. Since I tend to open up waaay too much when asked about myself, I’m going to be sort of careful about what I divulge here. I hope this isn’t too boring! Here goes:
- I was an accomplished reader and writer when I started school, so I was skipped from the first to the third grade. Big mistake, because my peers really bullied me, and I spent the rest of my childhood and adolescence copping an attitude (as a defense) and getting into hot water with authority figures.
- I look like a much taller version of Jodie Foster — not as much now as when I was a kid, but people still comment on it. Fortunately, I was never stalked by John Hinckley, although I was pursued by a really annoying little dude named Ralph B_____ in college. Ralph became such a problem that a couple of my guy friends “had a little talk” with him. I’ve always felt bad about this.
- I grew six inches during the summer between 7th and 8th grade. It was very painful, and now I’m pretty sure I’m getting arthritis in my knees because of it. Walking long distances helps curb the knee pain.
- I memorized most of William Blake’s poetry in middle school and would recite it silently to myself during stressful times. What a total geekazoid I was!
- I tend to anthropomorphise inanimate objects, especially cars. My cars are named “Bullet” and “Buzz” and I often thank them for the ride. I know, this sounds so trailer trashy! Bullet, for God’s sake!
- I have a thing for redheaded men. This started in elementary school when I developed a crush on a ginger-haired boy because he blinked really slowly. I found that to be quite impressive, so later on in life, I married a redheaded man. He turned out to be a total asshat and we divorced, but even this has not prevented me from perpetuating my dream of finding the ideal redhead. Isn’t it ridiculous?
Okay, it’s time to tag six other bloggers.
- Devourer at Devourer of Books
- Stephen Lang at Booked Out
- Tracee at Amateur de Livre
- Misa at This Redhead Reads
- Kathleen at Kathleeen’s Book Reviews
- Aaron at That’s the Book!
Here are the rules:
- Link to the person that tagged you (hello, it’s me)
- Post the rules somewhere in your meme
- Write the six random things
- Tag six people in your post
- Let the tagees know they’ve been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog
- Let the tagger (hello, it’s me) know your entry is posted
That’s all folks!