I don’t remember where I found this. It has been buried in my “blog ideas” pile for ages, so I guess it’s time to get ‘er done.
Have You Ever…
1. gone on a blind date? Nope. This may sound conceited, but I never needed to. Beautiful men were beating a path to my door. Sadly, I had to pick the biggest asshat of the bunch to marry and breed with. I may have been good looking, but I had a brain the size of a paramecium.
2. skipped school? All the time. What kind of a dumb-butt question is this?
3. been on the opposite side of your country? Yep. I lived in Pacifica, California for an couple of years as a child and Maryland when I was married to the aforementioned asshat.
4. swam in the ocean? Many, many times. Once my heinie got stuck in some coral when the tide was coming in and I almost drowned. Another time, on a Costa Rican Windjammer Cruise, I decided to go on a lengthy swim off the coast. The Captain of the ship was watching me through his binoculars. He threw a hissy fit when I got back on board and insisted that I was being careless and that I swam out too far and that he was liable and blah, blah, blah. He wouldn’t speak to me for the rest of the trip.
5. had your booze taken away by the cops? No, but I did hit a parked camper while driving drunk and totaled my Dad’s Jeep. The cop who responded took pity on me and drove me home. I received a reckless driving ticket from the cop and a beating from my Dad. Wasn’t I a good kid?
6. lettered in a high school sport? Yep, swimming.
7. cried yourself to sleep? Several times post-divorce and after Mom died.
8. played a musical instrument? Yeah, I played the French Horn in grade school for about a year. I absolutely deplored it, and haven’t touched an instrument since.
9. sung karaoke? Are you kidding? I’m waaaay too scared of crowds to do that! It doesn’t help that I also happen to be tone deaf and sound like a moose in heat.
10. cheated on an exam? Yes, and I’m not proud of it, but it really was a self-preservation thing.
11. played spin-the-bottle? No. I hated boys until high school, and by then I was a bit too old for such shenanigans.
12. laughed until some sort of beverage came out of your nose? Yes! I’ve had all kinds of things come out of my nose, and I’ve also put some things into it. ‘Nuff said.
13. watched the sun rise with someone you care about? Yes, with several someones.
14. ever been arrested? Yeah, for speeding — 118 in a 55. I lost my license and had to pay a hefty fine for that one.
15. gone ice skating? Yes and I wasn’t impressed. It seemed pointless to keep going around and around in circles. I do enough of that outside in the real world!
16. been skinny dipping? Many times, usually while loaded and with a boyfriend. Hey, it’s no wonder I was so popular with the guys!
17. been on television? No, but I was in the newspaper a couple of times, all swimming related. And no, I was never featured on the local crime page! Jeez!
18. thrown up in front of a date? Yes. I threw up on the date himself once (on his shoes). I also threw up (quite profusely) in a guy’s truck and he was not happy. I puke a lot though, kind of like that kid on South Park.
That’s it! If you decide to try this, I’d love to read what you have to say, so link back.