Andi! Congratulations! I think this is the first time you’ve ever won anything from me. E-mail your address to chartroose at yahoo dot com.
I received the book in the mail yesterday and glanced through it for some fun facts, and I also surfed for more Cassidy info on the web this morning:
- David was a terrible student and had a difficult time learning to read. It could be because he had strabismus. The other kids teased him mercilessly about his eyes until he finally had them surgically corrected at around age 11 or 12 (I can’t remember how old he was).
- He was one of the first “long hairs” in school, kind of a pseudo-hippie until the real hippies came along.
- He was affectionately called “donk” by other guys. Do I have to say why?
- He had sex with so many groupies that he lost count. Once, he even had sex with a groupie through the iron gate of his Hollywood home. (Ouch! He must really be a donk)!
- He had a bigger fan club than the Beatles or Elvis.
- He became the first personality to be merchandised globally.
- David was the world’s highest paid performer by age 21, breaking box office records in the largest arenas and stadiums in the world.
Just for fun, I thought I’d look him up on youtube. Here are some videos for your viewing pleasure: