I love to be sneaky like this and award prizes to the first correct responder. It makes me feel important and powerful, kind of like Dubya must have felt before reporters started throwing shoes at his head. You know, no matter how awful the Prez may be, you have to respect his bobbing and ducking abilities! (I think he’s had loads of practice) = )
Now, on with the show. Listed below are some questions about Christmas around the world. The first person to answer ALL questions correctly in the comments section of this post wins his or her choice of one of the following:
A) A $25 lush.com electronic gift card
B) A $25 Library of Congress Shop electronic gift card
Both of these cards can be redeemed instantly with a few clicks of the mouse.
Here is the quiz:
- What is Santa’s name in the Chinese language?
- What do the Portugese call their Christmas Day feast?
- In England, the day after Christmas is called what?
- A famous Christmas carol was composed long ago by a priest in Obendorf, Austria. What was it?
- In Hawaii, Christmas starts with the arrival of what vessel?
- What is the main Christmas celebration in Mexico called?
- In Sweden, a family member delivers presents after dressing up as a ________.
- In Greece, St. Nick is the patron saint of what occupational group?
- Spanish people play on what playground equipment during the holidays?
- In Italy, Christmas presents are opened on January 6th, and are delivered by whom?