I was tagged for this meme by Shannon, who resides over at Books Worth Reading. Shannon is one of the first book bloggers I discovered during my blog’s infancy, and she’s one smart and perceptive gal. She used to be a professional writer, so her posts are extra good. Go take a look!
1. I love old muscle cars, especially Firebirds and Mustangs, and I dream of owning a Roadrunner Superbird.
As soon as my invisibility superpower kicks in (it should be any day now), I’ll rob a bank so I can afford to plunk down $200,000 for a pristine yellow/black model. If I can’t find a Superbird, then this measley little Viper will have to do:
2. I have recurring dreams that I’ve experienced since childhood about riding on elaborate roller coasters. The roller coasters have different track and car configurations, but they’re always rickety and often end up malfunctioning and flying backwards at unusually high rates of speed. These dreams should be frightening, but they’re not. They’re very exhilirating and fun!
3. I wanted to be a police officer until I started going on ride-alongs with cops from a suburban Denver police department. I was so turned-off by the rude, crude and socially unacceptable behavior of some of these guys that it soured my opinion of law enforcement forever. I’m sure there are good cops out there. Maybe they live in Poughkeepsie.
4. I love to be alone and I often wonder how much alone time it would take before I became really lonely. A month? Two? Probably more like two days ( – :
5. I deplore barbeque. The smell alone makes me gag, and the taste of barbeque sauce is indescribably heinous.
6. I learned to ride a tricycle before I learned to walk. I guess I’ve always been into wheels.
7. If I were able to live my life over again, I’d never marry. I’m definitely not the marrying type, although I wouldn’t say no to Orlando Bloom. By the way, I’m expecting his proposal any day now, along with the timely activation of my invisibity superpower so I can surprise him with a newly refurbished Superbird. On our wedding day, Orlando and I will drive off into the sunset in our tricked-out Roadrunner, merrily honking its original “meep meep” horn as the sun’s last rays glint enticingly on its majestic spoiler. Ahhh, what a pretty picture! Who said I wasn’t sophisticated? I’ll bet you’re eating your words now!
If you’d like to do this, feel free.
As an added bonus, one lucky person will get Orlando for free too! I’ll send an Orlando mini “read” poster (11 x 17) to one commenter. This is an excellent picture of Orlando. It’s hanging on my office door.
(It says “Orlando Bloom @ your library”)
The winner will be randomly selected on Wednesday, February 4th. Good luck!